Part one- the roof!
Oh, the roof. It's a good thing we started up top. It's taken a few weeks to rid the sky deck of all of the old rubber and tar that was retaining water and of course letting the water seep in. Cracked tar was atop white rubber that had actually been growing a bit of mold within it.
We used for the stripping process-
flexible putty knives, hammer, chisel, glass scrapers, with the 100 blade refill!!, saw saw with the scraper blade made by Milwaukee, (this was a def. must and was a life saver)
Geo cel and aluminum roof tape- approved for motorhomes) a small piece of galvanized steel, and four new roof vents, two of which will replace the two old a/c units
So excitedly we set about stripping the layers of yuck that had accumulated. Yah, morale dipped a bit after the first week- only about half of the old roof minus roof sealant was exposed. Week two the glass scrapers came into play and we were relieved to see the bright shining aluminum roof after weeks of elbow grease. So thankful for power tools and their attachments!
More to come!
Welcome to the Council Fire!
We are never sure where our next interest will take us or where it will come from but we will always site who contributed the knowledge we are sharing. Introduce yourself and add to the discussion.